Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Play-By-Play Interview: Trey Bender


Trey Bender has been involved with the sports industry for as long as he can remember.
“My dad was a sport’s master to begin with. At a young age probably 5,6,7 years old I was always around the business,” Bender said. From that point, Bender knew that a career in sports was in his future.

As he explored career options, a play-by-play announcer soon became a natural fit. “Its almost as if I don’t know where I would be or what I would do if I wasn’t calling play by play. I love what I do and I just can’t imagine doing anything else,” Bender said.

Working for the ESPN family of networks, Bender has learned a lot over his career including being exposed to sports he knew little about. Bender stated that a big part of being successful is to become equally knowledgeable in sports like lacrosse, water polo, and swimming, in addition to baseball, basketball, and football.

His advice for aspiring sports broadcasters is to pursue a passion and stay true to following their own path.





--Kendra



No comments:

Post a Comment