Thursday, August 3, 2017

Children Should Play As Many Sports As Possible

Story and Multimedia by Tommy Farrell




SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Above is a video on my take about why children should play as many sports as possible. You can listen to the audio version of this take here and read the full transcription below. 

Please check out:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy Farrell: 
Children should play as many sports as possible. Now, why do I say this? Because way too many children are focusing on one sport from the time they are able to play sports. Now, I played growing up football, basketball, baseball, I also ran some track. Was I good at any of those sports? Probably not. But, each sport got me ready for the next sport. It taught me discipline. It taught me how to be active. 
(C) Getty Images
Too many kids are on their cell phones. Too many kids are worried about being the next Steph Curry
or the next Ray Lewis or the next Derek Jeter. When, in fact, they should enjoy themselves being this young. They should be as active as possible. They should learn the different agilities and different skills from each sport. Because if they do become professional one day, they will use all of those skills to be good at that one sport. So, children, please stay active and play as many sports as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment