Thursday, August 3, 2017

Love What You Do

Story and Multimedia by Erica Pieschke



Soccer is one of my all time favorite sports. I played soccer for nine years and I played all over the field. I played goalie, I played midfield and forward, but no matter which position I was playing I learned that you not only have to be athletic, but you have to be passionate and love the game that you’re playing, and to just have fun.


As I got older, my dad and I started attending San Jose Earthquakes games which became our hobby that we can enjoy and experience together which has been so fun. It’s one of my favorite things to do. 

We’ve gotten to know a lot of the players and coaches over the years, and something that the players have taught me is that it’s ok to be competitive, it’s ok to be passionate at the same time. At the end of the day, you want to love what you’re doing and work hard for what you’re doing, but be competitive and still be a team player at the same time.

Audio Version HERE.

Catch up with two of the San Jose Earthquakes Players:

Jahmir Hyka had to move around the world to pursue the career that made him happiest. Click here for the article. 

Tommy Thompson continues to give it his all. Click here for the article.

Enjoying a San Jose Earthquakes game with my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment