Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sports: The Greatest Teacher You'll Have


Story, video and picture by Aubrie Tolliver









SYRACUSE, NY -- I think that sports are the greatest way to teach a child, or anyone, how to be able to cope with struggle and how to cope with adversity that they're going to face in their life because for athletes, failure is the name of the game. Great baseball players fail 70 percent of the time. Michael Jordan had less than a 50 shooting percentage; meaning he missed more than half of his shots but he's still known as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. So, I feel like kids who don't grow up around athletics don't know what it feels like to fail. Don't know what it feels like to bounce back because you can think that maybe they can learn it in class. But for me, I didn't know what a bad grade was until I was in high school.

So, I feel like, in order for children to learn how to cope with failure, they need to face it on a regular basis. And that's what sports do. And it teaches them how to bounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment