Sunday, July 21, 2019

Cole Johnson fulfills life dream of attending Syracuse University

As long as Cole Johnson can remember, Syracuse University has always been the school he dreamed of attending.

He once had aspirations to play professional sports, but when those dreams became dime, a new light begin to shine. Starting at Syracuse's Newhouse School for Broadcast and Digital Journalism.

Since a child, Johnson can recall a ball being glued to his hand. A football, basketball, soccer ball, it made no difference. This created a passionate connection with sports, but when playing wasn't an option, he had to decide how to keep the connection alive. 

"I know I’m not going to make it as an athlete. I can maybe try to play a D-3 sport, which I did for a little bit, but I’m not going to go anywhere big," Johnson said.  

This realization only created a solution for Johnson and he quickly learned  how to turn his doubt into a dream. 

"How about I talk sports, that would be the best job ever," Johnson said. "Just sit down and talk sports and get paid for it."

A complete transcript of the interview can be viewed HERE. Listen to the interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment