Sunday, July 21, 2019

South Sudan Native Overcomes Obstacles To Further Education



Juma John of South Sudan, Africa has come to face to face with countless hardships to further his education in America. Education is John's main focus and his new opportunity will make him marketable.

"Two things I would say is first I would have to apply, secondly I had to leave family back home to be here" says John. John is very aware of what it takes to further his education and he won't be deterred.


John believes the Television, Radio, and Film, curriculum at Syracuse University is better structured than programs in South Sudan. The choice to major in a specific area of study is what stood out most to John.

"I feel that I will be better prepared, listening to the professors and the lectures make me feel I will better prepared" says John. John plans to take advantage of every opportunity Syracuse University provides to make him a strong journalist.

Although he has sacrificed a lot, to be in this moment he believes the Master's Degree will make a difference.

Audio Interview & Q&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment