Sunday, July 28, 2019

From the Couch to the Sideline: How Alexa Ross's Father Sparked her Passion for Sports Journalism


Alexa Ross stood on the sidelines of the Temple University football game. The Owls were playing the Stony Brook Seawolves. It was freezing cold, the play was bad, but Ross knew she was exactly where she always wanted to be. “I was helping talk, I was tweeting, I was reporting,” she says. “This is so cool; this is exactly what I want to do.”

This was Ross’s junior year at Temple University, but her passion began a long time ago in her living room with her father. “I would sit on the couch all day, every day, every Sunday watching all of the games,” she says. “We would do an analysis.” Those hours in front of the television turned into hours on fields, courts, and of course cameras. The spark that was lit by fond moments with her father continues to burn bright in Ross.

“I knew that I always wanted to do some kind of story-telling,” she says. Now, that is exactly what she does. Her passion for story-telling and sports has led her to become the reporter and anchor she wanted to be and, on Monday, she is moving to Rochester to take begin a new job in an even bigger market.  

Photo courtesy of @AlexaRossTV

You can access the link to the full interview HERE.
You can access the full transcript HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment