Sunday, July 21, 2019

How Kara Hitt's love for sport, brought her to Newhouse




After a career ending back injury stopped her from playing college basketball, Kara Hitt knew that it was time to find a new passion where she could use her love for sport, and helping others. Like many others entering their freshman year of college, Hitt, who attended Texas A&M, didn’t know what she wanted to peruse as a long-term career.

After majoring in forensics and learning it wasn’t the career for her, she soon switched to Communications and Journalism. After getting a job with a broadcast company at A&M, Hitt had known she found her passion.

“I got hired on with 12th man productions… we did all the live television broadcast for all of A&M athletics. …and I realized that that's what I wanted to do… I knew I wanted to go into sports media and sports TV.. that's kind of how I ended up here.”

Hitt had another job she was equally passionate about. Working in the admissions office in higher education, she found her niche in helping prospective and current students. “…for some reason I don't end up making it in sports TV, at least know I have a fallback and would be just as happy doing that.”

Hitt is passionate about two careers that she feels confident knowing she can rely on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment