Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Burton- A Deck that Can't be Dealt





By Kayla Burton SYRACUSE, N.Y.

Bombarding his closet with baseball cards since he was a kid, Mike Bomasuto has been a fan of baseball since he can remember.


One-hundred and fifty baseball cards delicately collected and not one sold, Bomasuto treated his collection like gold. For thirty-years, Bomasuto has worked as an usher for the Syracuse Chiefs and wouldn't trade his job for the world.


"I love it," said Bomasuto. " I get to talk to people, meet people and my favorite, I get to watch baseball."


Seeing people gather together, laughing and cheering as a unit, is the rare, happiness Bomasuto thrives in while he works. Getting to watch his favorite player on the Chiefs, Pedro Severino, catch while making decisions on the fly, sparks only good memories for when Bomasuto played as a catcher in his college days.


But unlike most, baseball travels farther than the outfield for Bomasuto. The die-hard baseball fan said that when it is time, he will pass down his baseball collection to his children.


“It’s gonna go to my kids. When I die it’s going to go to my kids. It’s part of my legacy.” Said Bomasuto.

No matter what the offer, Bomasuto knows what he experiences every day is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment