Monday, July 23, 2018

Jose Lara: International Man of Broadcasting




https://soundcloud.com/user-139148535/ws400685wma

Jose Lara is not ashamed. He freely admits to being a Dolphins fan and he won't abandon his team no matter how many games they lose.

"I know they aren't that good but I love them and I have to be loyal to them," he said.

Jose came to Syracuse University by way of Guatemala. He decided to don the orange and blue because the internet informed him that Syracuse is one of the best sports broadcasting schools in the country. He made the decision to apply, he was accepted and the rest is history.

Jose's favorite sport is football and he harbors ambitions of becoming a football broadcaster. Ideally he would like to work for a major network like CBS or Fox Sports. While he admits that broadcasting in Spanish would probably be easier for him since it is his first language, he also is open to broadcasting in English as well.

He truly is a man of many talents.

By Jonathan LaRowe

Interview transcript:

Question: Okay. So what's your name?
Answer: Jose Lara.
Question: And where are you from?
Answer: I'm from Guatemala. Central America. It's a small country below Mexico.
Question: Why did you decide to come to Syracuse?
Answer: Well my dream is to become a sports broadcaster so i checked on the internet the best sports broadcasting schools and I noticed Syracuse over there so I applied, they accepted me and here I am.
Question: What would your ideal job be?
Answer: For me my dream job would be to become a sports broadcaster and a play-by-play guy on like a major country branch like CBS or Fox Sports. Specifically in football
Question: American football?
Answer: Yeah American football.
Question: Is American football your favorite sport?
Answer: Yeah I think american football is my favorite sport. My second favorite would be soccer. And then probably third would be tennis
Question: What's your favorite football team?
Answer: My favorite football team is the Miami Dolphins. I know they aren't that good but I love them and I have to be loyal to them.
Question: And who's your favorite player?
Answer: That's a good question ya know. The dolphins usually don't have really good players but I would have to say that my favorite player is Cameron Wake. Defensive end. He's really good.
Question: If you were a Dolphins broadcaster would you want to do broadcasting in Spanish or in English?
Answer: I would rather broadcast in Spanish because it's my native language and I think it's easier for me but if I were to do it in English I would love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment