Friday, July 20, 2018

Who is Dallas Jackson?

Interview Transcription

1.       Favorite things to do during his downtime?
A: Usually staying at home playing video games, watching YouTube videos, Netflix, go out with friends and watch movies. Go to the Art Museum and go out to bars.

2.What brought him to Newhouse: Graduated from University of Northern Colorado in 2016.
A: Tried to get into graduate school after graduating and did not work out. So, he was hired by an insurance company. Saw an ad about Newhouse online, decided to apply after speaking to a representative. Told parents he was trying to go to graduate school again and it would probably be out of state and got in.

3.       3. What goals do you have for your first semester at Cuse?
A: Besides adjusting to the east coast, trying to make friends, improve on writing. When I speak my voice is a little low, I talk softer than most. Want to work on that and my on-camera presence and I thought this would be a great place to do it at.
  4. 
4. How many siblings does he have?
A: He’s the oldest of four siblings. (Dallas, Darius, DJ, Dionna).
5.       5. Favorite athletes?
A: I have different athletes for different sports so for NBA basketball: Favorite athlete Kyrie Irving, football Aaron Rodgers and soccer Zlathan Ibrahimovic. Like the way he plays, plays with swag and has the talent to back it up.
6.       6. What made him want to be a sports journalist?
A: I played sports in high school and I realized I was not going to play sports forever. High school was when I got into the multimedia journalism program in my high school. So, I wanted to combine my love of sports with the video editing I had learn to do in multimedia journalism. So I decided to join the journalism program at the University of Northern Colorado.
7.       7. Favorite TV Show?
A: Game of Thrones and DC Super Hero shows.
8.       8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
A: Working for TNT or Turner Sports doing broadcasting for the sports department.


By: Kylan Watson
Some broadcast journalists are very vocal and outspoken on and off-camera.  However, some broadcasters play bigger than life TV personalities, and are soft-spoken off-camera. One such person is Dallas Jackson, a first-year Broadcast and Digital Journalism Masters student at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

Jackson is an avid sports fan. His favorite athletes are Kyrie Irving, Aaron Rodgers, and Zlathan Ibrahimovic. Once accepted to Syracuse, Jackson chose the Sports Communications concentration. He came to Newhouse to improve both his writing and on-camera presence. His career goal is to work for Turner Sports or TNT.

Concerning these goals, Jackson said, “When I speak my voice is a little low, I talk softer than most. I want to work on that and my on-camera presence and I thought this would be a great place to do it at.”

Jackson wants to be a sports broadcaster, and the sports broadcast world better watch out, because Dallas Jackson is a man on a mission. Soon, many sports fans may see him covering an NBA or NFL game.

https://soundcloud.com/user-798473028/ws600476mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment