Monday, July 23, 2018

LaRowe’s I'm a Tar Heel Born


Jonathan LaRowe at Syracuse Newhouse School of Communications

Jonathan LaRowe is a really big basketball fan; who definitely is a true and loyal supporter of the game, nobody can call him a “Bandwagon Fan” this is obvious because he is a, born and raised Charlotte Hornets fan. But LaRowe’s true love lies in his undergraduate school, where he can stand tall and sign with pride “I’m a Tar Heel Born”, none other than the University of North Carolina. 

It’s easy to see that Jonathan is really proud for graduating out of UNC, and that his passion goes beyond the present, by saying his favorite player is Vince Carter who was a great player. He says that he thinks UNC has a really good chance at winning the basketball championship this year giving them good odds to sign “Carolina Victory” at the end of the year. Additionally, to that he expresses his admiration for Coach Roy Williams, and demonstrates his knowledge of the college sport by stating that Syracuse plays in a zone defense. 

Will he celebrate Roy Williams fourth title? Or will he feel the same “Hornet” feeling in the college sport?

Check back on March


Jonathan LaRowe's Audio Interview


Interview
·     Can you tell me your name? It’s Jonathan LaRowe
·     Okay. So, which would you say is your favorite sport?My favorite sport would probably be basketball, I would say.
·     And who is your favorite team?My favorite college team would be University of North Carolina Tar Heels. I know it’s not Syracuse. I’m sorry. My favorite professional team is the Charlotte Hornets. That’s my hometown team, So I have to have loyalty there, but it would be nice if they were better.
·     And why do you go for UNC instead of Syracuse?Well, because I spent a lot more time there. I spent four years at UNC you know, just now came to Syracuse. So, and also being from the Charlotte area that’s close to UNC, everyone kind of roots for North Carolina there. And plus, they’re just really good. So yeah, they’re usually really good.
·     Which would you say has been your favorite player of the whole time that you ever watch college basketball out of UNC?So obviously my favorite player would be Michael Jordan. Unfortunately, he played basketball before I was really watching.
·     And the favorite player that you’ve ever seen?Like in person or just watched on TV.
·     Whatever.Mmm probably Vince Carter. Yeah, he’s a really exciting player, great dunker, and just a really electrifying player to watch, so I always loved rooting for him.
·     What do you expect about UNC, and its chance of winning the Championship this year? I think they are good. They have some returning players and they have some really good freshman coming in. So, I think they have a good mix of veterans and young talent. And, I think that honestly, if I look around, I think that they’re as good as anyone else. And so, my expectations are high.
·     Do you think they would beat Syracuse if they played right away? I do. Unfortunately for Syracuse fans, UNC I think has won like six or seven straight games against Syracuse. So, you know Roy Williams has kind of figured out Syracuse’s zone defense. And I’d be very confident at UNC winning.
·     If you had to choose between Roy Williams or Jim Boeheim who would you choose? It’s pretty easy. Roy Williams. The guys got 3 championships behind 1. And I think Roy is better overall.
·     Last, question why do you think Roy Williams has never coached in the NBA? I think he is one of those coaches who is really comfortable in college, and he went to North Carolina undergraduate. So, I think he’s happy being back at his alma matter, and he just never really felt that urge to go professional. I think he was just happy where he is.

·     Okay thanks man

No comments:

Post a Comment